1. The Picnic Club picnics are open to all people. If you show up to a picnic, you become a member.
2. Picnic enthusiasts must behave in full compliance with the rules and regulations of the venue at which the picnic takes place and neither the club (nor Michael or Allison personally and individually) are liable.
3. No loud music may be played; we must never impact another picnic-goer's experience in a negative way.
4. As an extension of rule 3, no gratuitous foul language, violence or nudity (we trust your taste on this).
5 . B.Y.O.'s: A picnic blanket and a "basket" of some sort must be brought. Failure to comply with this rule will result in you sitting on the grass in the middle of a group of members, but will not actually make you part of The Picnic Club. It's like sneaking into a Yankees game -- maybe you still get to see the game, but you'll feel really guilty and on edge the whole time.
6 . The Picnic Club is meant to promote unity and friendship. In this light, feel free to share your picnic basket and blanket with other members.
7 . Though locations will vary, in case of poor weather, club gatherings will never be moved indoors. This defeats the goal of a picnic.
8. Do not leave anything behind. We must leave our picnic spaces exactly as we found them when we arrived. This ensures that future picnics will be welcomed by the parks.
What's in your basket?
Every week, we, the Founders of The Picnic Club, will tell you what is in our basket. As you will intuit from the list, the 'basket' is a flexible term which can encompass any and all things related to, inspired by, reminiscent of, or distinct from picnics. Simply put, our baskets are full of things that we think are cool.
What's in your basket? Submit your basket items to email@example.com and we will post the best responses each week.
What's in Allison's basket?
1. Customer Service
2. Organic wines from the eco-friendly Bioghetto vineyard [www.bioghetto.com] (flip-top corks excellent for picnics)
3. Ira Glass
4. "Opening up the kimono"
6. Advice from strangers
7. Heavy black eyeliner
8. Designer at Theory (George Yang=pro)
9. M.I.A. (for my brother who has a HUGE crush on her)
10. Ian Cuttler, who is so creative and generous
What's in Michael's basket?
1. A hot blonde
4. Distressed investing
5. A.P.C. jeans [www.apc.fr]
6. Pasta salad
7. Music from my very talented friend J. Ralph [www.jralph.com]
8. Cheeseburgers from J.G. Melon
9. A crisp white button down shirt, hand pressed, no starch